To lose weight you have to cut calories. Burn more than you eat. So much easier said than done, right? Nutrition is the most important part of a fitness program and also probably the hardest. The whole process can seem a little daunting but I’ve put together a list of five easy things you can start doing right now that will save you tons of calories every day!
5 ways to cut calories:
1. Drink water: Replacing other beverages through the day with water can save big time! Swap out all sodas, teas, and other sugary drinks with water and see how you feel in a week! Fancy up your water with this recipe!
2. Don’t eat the kid food: No more eating the left overs off of the kids plate. No more finishing their crusts. Nadda. How many calories each day go to snacking on toddler left overs?
3. Write it down: Use My Fitness Pal, a FitBook, or just a regular inexpensive spiral notebook. Write down and track every single thing you put in your mouth. It may sound excessive but most of the time you don’t realize how much you are really snacking through out the day. Writing it down will show you your full food intake. And also, knowing you have to write it down will help keep you accountable!
4. Measure condiments: Keep a set of measuring spoons and cups handy. Measure out your dips, sauces, and dressings. You’re probably using a lot more than the serving size suggests!
5. Slow down! This is hard to do once you reach hangry status so try to eat before you cross that line! Chew slowly. Set your fork or food down between bites while you take time to chew and swallow. This will give your stomach/brain a chance to realize what’s going on and let you know when you’re full. That way you don’t stuff your face at top speed and then feel terrible 10 minutes later.