To lose weight you have to cut calories. Burn more than you eat. So much easier said than done, right? Nutrition is the most important part of a fitness program and also probably the hardest. The whole process can seem a little daunting but I’ve put together a list of five easy things you can start doing right now that will save you tons of calories every day!
5 ways to cut calories:
1. Drink water: Replacing other beverages through the day with water can save big time! Swap out all sodas, teas, and other sugary drinks with water and see how you feel in a week! Fancy up your water with this recipe!
2. Don’t eat the kid food: No more eating the left overs off of the kids plate. No more finishing their crusts. Nadda. How many calories each day go to snacking on toddler left overs?
3. Write it down: Use My Fitness Pal, a FitBook, or just a regular inexpensive spiral notebook. Write down and track every single thing you put in your mouth. It may sound excessive but most of the time you don’t realize how much you are really snacking through out the day. Writing it down will show you your full food intake. And also, knowing you have to write it down will help keep you accountable!
4. Measure condiments: Keep a set of measuring spoons and cups handy. Measure out your dips, sauces, and dressings. You’re probably using a lot more than the serving size suggests!
5. Slow down! This is hard to do once you reach hangry status so try to eat before you cross that line! Chew slowly. Set your fork or food down between bites while you take time to chew and swallow. This will give your stomach/brain a chance to realize what’s going on and let you know when you’re full. That way you don’t stuff your face at top speed and then feel terrible 10 minutes later.
Hey Fit Friends! Just wanted to jump on here and let y’all know (if you aren’t following on Instagram or Facebook) that February’s FitCamp is FREE! That’s right. Freeee! It’s a short month so instead of a full 4 week paid program, like I usually offer, this will be a shorter 3 week workout schedule.
I wanted to give anyone that has been thinking of joining a GMF FitCamp the chance to try it out for the month with no commitment. Other than the shorter timeline nothing else is changing!
In February you’ll still get:
We will still be doing our workouts, you’ll still get your ebook guide with all of the nutrition info, recipes, workouts, and more, you’ll still get access to the private Facebook group for the month and the same online coaching by me! The whole shabang.
The thing is though, I’m opening the group up NEXT week! I’ll also be sending the download links out this Friday so if you’re interested in joining sign up now! All you need to do these FitCamp workouts will be a set of dumbbells and a chair or bench to step up on. The holidays are over and summer will be here before you know it, then fall and holidays all over again! Now is the time to get to work and build the habits that will make your year of fitness successful. You can join us by clicking here or up on the FitCamps tab above. Can’t wait for y’all to be a part of this!
Friday, Friday! TGIF! It’s Fit Friday again, y’all! Workout time. Are you ready to work those buns and guns today? Today’s workout is another circuit workout that will focus on upper body and bootay muscles aka…your buns and guns!
Buns & Guns Workout
Here’s a quick demo of the moves you’ll be doing:
Pike PushUp x 10
Plank Leg Raise x 10
Shoulder Taps x 20
Fire Hydrants x 12 each side
Narrow Pushup x 10
Glute Bridge x 12
Don’t forget, February’s Jumpstart FitCamp is FREE! Be sure you click on the FitCamps tab or right HERE to sign up!