Hey y’all! We’ve taken a week off from the gym and the Kelsey Byers Fit Body challenge. School is out now and I still need to add childcare to my gym membership. Also, this weekend is our first big roller derby game and I need my legs to not be exhausted from the leg days like they usually are at practice.
Anyway, with all that said, we’ve been doing home/track workouts this week. As much as I love heavy lifting it has been nice to change things up a bit and get outside. We did a workout Thursday that I really liked and wanted to come on here and share with y’all – HIIT the Track workout.
- Push ups and squats. You know how to do those! If you need to drop to your knees on the pushups that’s totally fine. Just make sure your body is in a straight line from your head to your knees. No saggy bums!
- Lunge twist – Step back in a reverse lunge while twisting your torso toward your forward leg. Almost like you want to cross and touch your opposite elbow to your forward knee.
- Spiderman planks – Forearm plank bringing your right leg up to your right arm, then alternate bringing the left leg to the left arm. Here’s a super quick video I found so you can see what I mean: Spiderman Plank
- Mountain climbers and tricep dips. Hopefully you have steps, a bench, or something at your track to dip on, but if you don’t or if they’re just a little too hard you can do them from the floor as well. Here’s a good video showing what it should look like: Floor Tricep Dip
- Running – When we did it we jogged a lap after each circuit. It took about 2.5 minutes of steady state cardio. You could also do this on a treadmill, bike, or elliptical if you’re doing this workout inside. If you don’t have access to that just keep moving and keep your heart rate up for 2ish minutes. You can jump rope, do step ups, jog in place…just keep the blood flowing!
There it is! Now go get sweaty 🙂