This past weekend was a crazy one! Early Friday morning we flew from FL to AZ for 2 days of pool lounging, amazing food, blended drinks, and lots of family time. Follow that up with a day visiting parents and feeling like we need to eat ALL the things we miss in those final hours before flying back home super early Monday morning.
It was crazy. I did manage to squeeze in a hotel workout while some of the others went running on Saturday morning. Since next weekend is Memorial Day weekend and the start of summer vacation I'm sure there will be lots of traveling happening soon. If you find yourself in a hotel room needing to break a sweat and work your muscles/cardio all at the same time then you should definitely try this one. It was GOOD. Just make sure you aren't doing the planks on carpet...ouch! I have the rug burns on my elbows to remind me not to make that mistake again.
Set a timer for 8 minutes and do as many rounds of circuit 1 as you can before the timer stops (AMRAP!), rest for a minute, and move on to the next 8 minute circuit!
- 10 Bench Jumps (we had a bench in our room. You can totally sub chair step ups for this move. Just make them quick! 10 each leg or 10 total jumps if you're doing that)
- 10 Push Ups
- 20 Flutter Kicks (each leg)
- 10 Jump Lunges each leg (alternating reverse lunge if you need to modify)
- 10 Tricep Dips
- 20 Toe reaches (lay on the floor, hold legs up, reach up to touch toes)
- 10 Jump Squats
- 10 Plank up/downs (forearm plank up to hands and back down = 1)
- 20 Heel touch or Russian Twists
When you're all done with your circuits...go enjoy and blendy drink by the pool. It is vacation after all!