It’s SOUP season! Finally. Winter has found us here in Alabama and the chilly temps means it’s time to make all the soup. I was really wanting something brothy with pasta and a quick Google search helped me find a couple recipes to go off of.
And BAM! Soup. And it was soo good.
If you want to try this soup with your own family this is what you do (if you aren’t actually a cook and throw things together without really measuring)…
This soup needs:
- Pasta. Choose your fave. 2.5-ish cups dry pasta, cook al dente, drain, and set aside.
- Chicken, cooked and chopped or shredded.
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can white beans (or red. Whatever you like!)
- Pepper, parsley, oregano, & garlic and herb Mrs Dash (or garlic powder and any other spices you like. Maybe red pepper flakes! That would be good.)
- Spinach, frozen or fresh. I used a bag of ‘power greens’ that I keep frozen and scooped out 1 cup.
- 32oz carton of low sodium chicken broth
Cook your chicken and pasta and set aside. Heat up broth with beans (drained), tomatoes and spices. Stir in pasta, chicken, and spinach. Simmer for a few, then eat! Add cheese on top and eat with some crusty bread if you’re feeling crazy. I didn’t…but I did eat 2 bowls.
This was the perfect soup for a cold day. Not too heavy but still packed with flavor. What are your favorite soups when its cold? Are you more of a creamy or brothy kind of person?