Hey y’all! With all the traveling we are doing this summer I decided to put together a list of my top 10 fave bodyweight exercises that you can do anywhere! No weights or gym required to knock out these moves. If you’re looking for good workout that you can take with you where ever you go, check them out!
Top 10 ‘Do Anywhere’ Bodyweight Exercises:
Here is the list. Many of these exercises have tons of variations to them that can help keep your workouts fresh and changing while still using the same basic moves.
- Squats. One of my favorites! There are a million variations you can do. Sumo, single leg, jump squats, wall sits, pulses, narrow stance.
- Lunges. You can do walking lunges, stationary, alternating, forward or reverse, lunge with a rear foot elevated, lunge backwards from a step, curtsey lunges, static/pulsing lunges.
- Burpees. Everyones most hated exercise is one of the best full body moves you can do. Jump or step your feet back, push up or no push up, step or jump back to starting position. You can also do half burpees that take you from a squat position, back into a burpee, then return up to a squat with no standing.
- Push Ups. Regular on the floor push ups. Modify to knees or with your hands up on a bench or counter or even against a wall. Kick it up a notch and put your feet on a bench or stability ball with hands on the ground. Wide hands or narrow hands. So many options.
- Crunches. Regular, sit ups, bicycle crunches, reverse crunches, toe reaches, diagonal oblique crunches…
- High Knees. This cardio move is pretty much what it is. Higher you can get your knees the better. If the jumping is too much you can quickly march jog in place.
- Inch Worms. Another thats pretty much a standard move. You can add a push up at the bottom if you want the extra oomph added to it.
- Donkey Kicks. Here you can do a bent knee, straight leg, out to the side (fire hydrants), pulses and holds…
- Jumping Jacks. If you cant do the full jumps you can step out side to side. Arms straight or bent.
- Mountain Climbers. These can be done with hands elevated like the push up or on the floor. Pump your legs fast or go slow and twist your torso (knee to opposite elbows)
There are many more variations to these bodyweight exercises that you can search up other than the ones I listed but these can get you started! Build your own workout: Choose 5-8 of the exercises, complete 3 rounds of 10-15 reps per exercise and have fun!